Marc Edwards is a Director, litigation attorney and Chair of the Firm’s Government Relations and Compliance Practice Group. For over 25 years, he has represented public entities, particularly the state’s public pensions, and business entities in a broad range of litigation, administrative proceedings and strategic legal matters, with an emphasis on public utility, governmental, and administrative laws.
Marc served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Oklahoma from 1983 to 1987. He also served as the Hearing Examiner for the Oklahoma State Ethics Commission from 1995 to 1998.
Marc is active in the community and has served, and currently serves, on numerous not-for-profit boards. He is a 2007 Leadership in Law Award Recipient.
Born in Texas and raised in Missouri, Marc lives in Oklahoma City with his wife, Nikki Jones Edwards, their son, Sam. In his spare time, he enjoys watching his son play various sports, fly fishing, traveling with his family and piddling around the house.
- Missouri State University (B.S., 1979)
- University of Tulsa (J.D., 1983)
- 1983, Oklahoma
- 1987, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 1987, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- 1989, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- 2002, U.S. Supreme Court
- 2003, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 2007, Supreme Court of the Chickasaw Nation
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys