Marc Edwards is a Director, litigation attorney and Chair of the Firm’s Government Relations and Compliance Practice Group. For nearly 25 years, he has represented business and public entities in a broad range of litigation, administrative proceedings and strategic legal matters, with an emphasis on public utility, public pension, governmental and administrative laws.
Marc served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Oklahoma from 1983 to 1987. He also served as the Hearing Examiner for the Oklahoma State Ethics Commission from 1995 to 1998.
Marc is active in the community and serves on the board for the Oklahoma State Board for Examiners for Long-Term Care Administration, Lynn Health Science Institute, Dale Rogers Training Center, Oklahoma Academy for State Goals, Stavros Foundation and Good Shepherd Ministries. He is a 2007 Leadership in Law Award Recipient.
Born in Texas and raised in Missouri, Marc lives in Oklahoma City with his wife, Nikki Jones Edwards, their son, Sam, and dog, Jackie. In his spare time, he enjoys fly fishing, traveling with his wife and piddling around the house.
- Missouri State University (B.S., 1979)
- University of Tulsa (J.D., 1983)
- 1983, Oklahoma
- 1987, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 1987, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- 1989, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- 2002, U.S. Supreme Court
- 2003, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 2007, Supreme Court of the Chickasaw Nation
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys