Our team of attorneys has a rich understanding of the regulatory constraints that apply to public utilities, and we leverage our knowledge and skill on behalf of our clients.
From consumers to generators, from rate regulation to transmission siting, from wind farm to pipeline, Phillips Murrah’s team has a depth of knowledge regarding markets, regulatory mechanisms and key players that make up the utility landscape.
Typical public utilities clients include:
- Large commercial and industrial consumers
- Electricity generators
- Power marketers
- Independent power producers
- Telecommunication service providers
- Transmission companies
- Natural gas local distribution companies
Our Public Utilities practice group’s representative services include:
- Understanding the Southwestern Power Pool electricity marketplace
- Representation at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission
- Rate regulation
- Federal environmental and energy law
- Public utility designation