Melvin R. McVay, Jr. is a founding member of Phillips Murrah and serves as a shareholder and Director in the Firm’s Oklahoma City office. Mel also previously served on the Firm’s Executive Committee and as the Chair of the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group. He is also a member of the Firm’s Commercial and Consumer Financial Services Practice Groups as well as the Natural Resources Group.
Mel has concentrated his practice in the litigation of complex business and commercial transactions. His practice covers a wide range of commercial and business litigation matters which regularly involve litigation relating to financial institutions, real estate, construction disputes, oil and gas, product liability, class actions and appellate advocacy. During his career, Mel has represented financial institutions and corporations in a variety of industries, in both state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration and administrative proceedings.
Mel is an active member in his community and has served on the Board of the Oklahoma Health Care Authority since 2009.
- University of Missouri (B.S.)
- University of Tulsa (M.B.A.; J.D.)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth and Sixth Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Western, Eastern and Northern Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Utah
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Business Law, Employment Law & Litigation Sections)
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel