Jennifer K. Christian
Jennifer K. Christian concentrates her practice on all aspects of commercial law. She assists clients in a wide range of transactional matters and litigation involving business law, contractual disputes, real estate, banking, healthcare, business divorce, construction, trust administration, insurance coverage and bad faith, and employment-related matters. Clients rely on Jennifer to understand business challenges and find solutions that coincide with and advance their objectives and interests, whether it relates to business formation or restructuring, risk management, or litigation. Jennifer maintains an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell and is also recognized as an Oklahoma "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers 2011-2020, an honor recognizing the top 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40 in the State of Oklahoma. Jennifer was also selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Trust and Estates and Business Organizations, 2019-2020, for her achievements in the practice of law. She serves as a volunteer for the Oklahoma County Bar Association's Lawyers for Learning Committee, and she is a member the OBA Client Security Fund Committee and Leadership Oklahoma City's LOYAL Class VIII.
A native Oklahoman, Jennifer attended the University of Oklahoma, where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Letters with honors in 2003. In 2007, she received her Juris Doctorate, summa cum laude, from the Oklahoma City University School of Law and was honored as the Outstanding Graduate for the class of 2007.
While in law school, Jennifer was the Editor-in-Chief for the Oklahoma City University Law Review, a pupil in the Ruth Bader Ginsberg Inn of Court, a Merit Scholar and a member of Phi Delta Phi. Her article, "Whistleblower Protection Under Sarbanes-Oxley: Key Provisions and Recent Case Developments," was selected for publication in the 2006 edition of the Oklahoma City University Law Review. Jennifer was also a recipient of the Dean’s Circle Scholarship and academic achievement awards in the areas of civil procedure, corporations, legal research and writing, evidence, bankruptcy, agency and partnership, comparative law, and conflicts of law.
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., letters, with distinction, 2003)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2007)
- 2007, Oklahoma
- 2007, U. S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 2011, U. S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 2012, U. S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Prosecution and defense of contractual and business tort claims.
- Negotiation and drafting of business, employment, and real estate agreements and contracts.
- Defense of financial institutions and corporate trustees relating to claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and other alleged misconduct relating to lending transactions and/or trust administration.
- Representation of developers, general contractors, subcontractors, property managers, homeowner associations, and property owners in complex litigation involving commercial and residential projects and properties.
- Handling professional liability matters involving the defense of real estate brokers and agents, insurance agents, accountants, and lawyers and law firms.
- Defense of employers in all phases of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation and harassment.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (Business Litigation, 2011-2018)
- Best Lawyers in America (Trust and Estates, Business Organizations, 2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rated
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (Lawyers for Learning Committee)
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Client Security Fund Committee)
- Leadership Oklahoma City – LOYAL Class VIII
- Wildwood Community Church, Norman, OK
- "Whistleblower Protection Under Sarbanes-Oxley: Key Provisions and Recent Case Developments," Oklahoma City University Law Review (2006).
- Jennifer Christian, Kayla Kuri join Phillips Murrah’s legal team in Oklahoma office