Sally A. Hasenfratz
Sally A. Hasenfratz is a Director and a member of the Firm’s Real Estate, Tax and Family Wealth and Business Succession Practice Groups. She represents individuals and both privately-held and public companies in a wide range of transactional matters.
Sally brings to her transactional practice an LL.M. degree in taxation, which allows her to strategize with her clients from a broad view of their projects, helping them to plan, structure and execute each piece of the deal to maximize business objectives.
Immediate past chairperson of Phillips Murrah’s Transactional Department, she is named to Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate Law, Construction Law, Land Use & Zoning Law (2009 – present) and Commercial Transactions / UCC Law (2015); Oklahoma Super Lawyers in Real Estate (2006 – present); Top 25 Female Lawyers in the State of Oklahoma (2006 – 2013); and received The Journal Record’s 2008 Leadership in Law Award. Sally is rated AV pre-eminent by Martindale-Hubbell. CHAMBERS USA, which ranks the world’s greatest lawyers, states “Sally Hasenfratz is highly regarded by her peers, who comment that she "is a practical lawyer who strikes the right balance between detail and efficiency. Her taxation expertise is very helpful to clients in executing complex real estate deals.”
Sally is a frequent lecturer for continuing legal education in matters of real estate and estate planning. She has also lectured on alternative energy topics, such as wind leasing, for The University of Oklahoma College of Law and Oklahoma City Community College. Prior to entering private practice, she clerked for the late Justice Marion P. Opala of the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Born in Perry, Oklahoma, and raised in Kingfisher, Oklahoma, she lives in Crown Heights—one of Oklahoma City’s most celebrated historic districts.
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A., with Honors, 1983; J.D., 1986)
- Southern Methodist University (LL.M., Taxation, 1987)
- 1986, Oklahoma
- 1987, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 1987, U.S. Tax Court
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Co-founder and President Elect of CREW-OKC, Inc.
- Urban Land Institute
- Commercial Real Estate Council
- Commercial real estate development of public-private projects and tax increment financing transactions, including Bricktown, Maywood Park and University North Park
- Successful transaction of complex, high-profile real estate projects, including office buildings and office parks, shopping centers, urban living complexes, mixed-use condominiums, hotels, multi-family housing and restaurants
- Full-spectrum experience in all phases of real estate development, including acquisitions, financing, sales, land planning, construction, leasing and management of real estate projects
- Significant experience with mergers & acquisitions of all types
- Broad range of family wealth and business succession planning
- Niche areas of expertise include historic tax credit transactions, renewable energy development—most notably negotiation of wind energy leases—as well as portfolio sales of life settlement policies with volume in excess of $700 million
- Immediate past-chairperson of Phillips Murrah’s Business Department
- Listed as "Lawyer of the Year" for the OKC Metro in: 2016 - Land Use and Zoning Law; 2015 - Construction Law; 2014 - Land Use and Zoning Law
- Listed by "Best Lawyers in America" from 2009-2016 in practice areas: Commercial Transactions / UCC Law; Construction Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers in Real Estate (2006 – present)
- Top 25 Female Lawyers in the State of Oklahoma (2006 – present)
- Received The Journal Record’s 2008 Leadership in Law Award
- Chambers & Partners USA Band 2 Notable Practitioner
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Oklahoma AIDS Care Fund (Board Member)