Our attorneys have a deep knowledge of administrative, policy and litigation, and have experience representing individuals and businesses of all sizes. The group utilizes practical, creative strategies in resolving complex taxation matters in sectors as varied as banking, energy, manufacturing, retail, transportation and entertainment.
Our Firm offers a diverse range of services in the field of federal, state and local taxation with a deep understanding of varied and evolving complexities. Our attorneys use a strategic, collaborative approach to ensure a full understanding of current and developing law. Attorneys in the Tax Law practice represent clients at every level and in all phases of planning and every type of dispute resolution with taxing authorities. Drawing on our depth of experience, we tailor each representation to the client’s objectives.
Business & Planning Taxation
- Corporate income tax
- Ad valorem taxation
- Documentary stamp tax
- Intangible tax
- Tax opinions on state sales and use taxes, aircraft and motor vehicle excise taxes, and gross production taxes.
- Tax planning for exempt entities including hospitals foundations and trusts
- Creation of tax legislation
- Industry- and transaction-specific analysis of tax statutes and regulations
- Working with the Oklahoma Department of Revenue in interpretation and administration of state taxes
Phillips Murrah regularly represents clients during the audit process in the following areas:
- Fast-track appeals procedures
- Before the Appeals Division of the Internal Revenue Service
- As an advocate in trial and appellate litigation
- On industry-wide issues
Attorneys in the Tax Litigation Practice Group represent clients throughout the tax controversy process, from managing the audit through to the appellate courts. Phillips Murrah has extensive administrative and policy experience with the Internal Revenue Service and the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
- Tax controversy litigation
- Federal and state civil tax litigation
- Federal criminal tax litigation
- Property tax disputes and litigation
- Malpractice cases and discipline proceedings
- IRS appeals and examinations representation
Phillips Murrah’s Tax Law Group attorneys have extensive administrative and policy experience with the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service, challenging the Department of Revenue through protest or litigation procedures in appropriate cases.