Fred A. Leibrock
Fred A. Leibrock is a Director and litigation attorney. He is ranked as one of Oklahoma’s top 50 lawyers by Super Lawyers and is an experienced trial attorney who has first-chaired dozens of jury trials. Fred represents both privately held and public companies in a wide range of matters, with an emphasis on complex multi-jurisdiction and class action litigation.
Fred’s trial experience is diverse and includes the defense and prosecution of cases involving real estate, construction, insurance, election law, fraud, professional malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death, anti-competitive activity, racketeering, employment, lender liability and product liability. Additionally, Fred is a mediator and arbitrator and received his formal ADR training at the Center for Dispute Resolution in Boulder, Colorado.
Fred holds a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent peer review rating, is named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America in four categories (Commercial Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, ERISA Litigation and Real Estate Litigation) and is ranked by Chambers and Partners — publishers of the leading guide to the world’s best lawyers. Fred graduated from Oklahoma City University School of Law with honors and was voted Most Likely to Succeed by the law school faculty. While in law school, he served as Staff Editor of the Oklahoma City University Law Review. He is the author of Lender Liability Under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, 62 OKLA. B.J. 2374 (1991).
Fred is a child advocate who frequently represents abused children. He has served as an officer and director of the Child Abuse Response & Evaluation Center in Oklahoma City, received the Center’s Distinguished Service Award in 2008, and is an active volunteer for child advocacy organizations, including Oklahoma Lawyers for Children. He also serves as an Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scouts of America Troop 78.
Born and raised in Mexico City, Fred lives in Oklahoma City with his wife, Susan, and their children.
- Texas Christian University (B.A., 1987)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., with Honors, 1990)
- 1990, Oklahoma
- 1990, U.S. District Court, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- 1990, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- 1995, U.S. Supreme Court
- 2008, Texas
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- 2010, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- 2010, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- 2012, Chickasaw Nation Supreme Court
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defended and prosecuted cases involving real estate, construction, insurance, election law, fraud, professional malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death, anti-competitive activity, racketeering, employment, lender liability and product liability
- Served as lead counsel in significant cases, including Oklahoma’s multi-forum congressional redistricting litigation
- Represented clients in multi-district cases filed against a consumer lending client
- Represented clients in employee benefits litigation simultaneously proceeding against a banking client in multiple states
- Represented clients in concurrent class actions brought against a banking client arising from alleged violations of federal consumer statutes
- Represented clients in multi-state product liability actions brought against a manufacturing client
- Served as a mediator and an arbitrator
- Received formal ADR training at the Center for Dispute Resolution in Boulder, Colorado
- Prosecution and defense of class-action suits
- Representation of clients before a jury
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Chambers and Partners (Litigation, Band 3)
- 2017 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year in OKC for Litigation - Antitrust
- Listed by "Best Lawyers in America" in practice areas: Commercial Litigation (2010-present); Antitrust Litigation (2011-present), ERISA Litigation (2011-present); Real Estate Litigation (2011-present); Insurance Law (2016)
- Super Lawyers (2006-present)
- Volunteer for Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
- Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scouts of America Troop 78