Timothy D. Kline
Timothy D. Kline is a litigation attorney who represents individuals and both privately-held and public companies in litigation matters, with an emphasis on bankruptcy and creditor rights.
Former president of the Oklahoma County Bar Association, Tim taught bankruptcy at Oklahoma City University School of Law and frequently lectures to national audiences on bankruptcy-related topics.
Additional professional posts include past chairperson and current director of the Bankruptcy and Reorganization Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association as well as past chairperson of O.B.A.’s International Law Section; former president and former director of the Oklahoma County Bar Association, as well as former director of the Oklahoma County Bar Foundation. He is also a former director of the Oklahoma City International Trade Association.
Tim is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and is certified in both Business Bankruptcy Law and Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification.
He was born and raised in Oklahoma City, where he now resides with his wife and two beautiful daughters.
- University of Oklahoma (B.S., 1971; J.D. 1976)
- 1976, Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- Specialized in federal civil litigation, commercial law and bankruptcy law
- Certified in both business bankruptcy law and consumer bankruptcy law by the American Board of Certification
- Specializes in federal civil litigation, commercial law and bankruptcy law
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Best Lawyers: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (1995-2019)
- Best Lawyers: Litigation - Bankruptcy (2016-2019)
- Best Lawyers: Commercial Transactions / UCC Law (2018-2019)
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" for the OKC Metro: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2011)
- Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2006-2018)
- Phillips Murrah announces 21 attorneys named to 2018 Super Lawyers list
- Phillips Murrah attorneys selected as 2017 Super Lawyers
- Firm selects November Employee of the Month
- Phillips Murrah attorneys selected as 2016 Super Lawyers
- Phillips Murrah announces 35 attorneys named to 2017 Best Lawyers list
- Phillips Murrah sponsors Oklahoma Lawyers for Children Tennis Tournament
- Phillips Murrah announces 35 attorneys named to 2016 Best Lawyers list
- Timothy D. Kline to speak at Oil & Gas Conference
- Director and bankruptcy leader Tim Kline featured in The Oklahoman Q&A
- Phillips Murrah Attorneys Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- 29 Attorneys Selected for 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers
- Kline named director of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights certification board
- Phillips Murrah law firm forms new partnership