Beverly I. Vilardofsky
Beverly Vilardofsky is a Director and a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Her primary area of practice is corporate and securities.
Beverly has assisted clients in a wide variety of domestic and international corporate transactions, including private placements of debt and equity securities, mergers, acquisitions and private equity investments. She routinely advises clients on regulatory compliance, fiduciary duties and general corporate governance matters.
Beverly also provides strategic legal representation to a variety of institutional investors, including many of the state’s public pension plans, with respect to their U.S. and international private equity, hedge fund, real estate (including REITs) and opportunistic fund investments.
She is an honors graduate from both Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.) and Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D.), where she was a Merit Scholar and recipient of the West Publishing Outstanding Academic Achievement Award.
Beverly is a former award-winning web designer and a published photographer. A self-described sports nut, she loves to watch baseball, college football and college basketball in her free time.
- University of Rhode Island (B.A., 1991)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., summa cum laude, 1995)
- Georgetown University (LL.M. International and Comparative Law, 1996; LL.M., Securities and Financial Regulation, with Distinction, 1999)
- 1995, Oklahoma
- 1998, District of Columbia
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Assists established and emerging companies with formation, governance, compliance and financing issues
- Represents institutional investors in reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts for investments in both traditional and alternative investment vehicles, both domestically and abroad
- Assists public pension plans in complying with applicable state and federal laws, including their organizational and governing statutes and rules, and state freedom of information acts (ie. Open Meetings Act and Open Records Act)
- Domestic and international corporate transactions
- Private placements of debt and equity securities
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Private equity investments
- Public pension plan governance