Beverly I. Vilardofsky
Beverly Vilardofsky is a Director and a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities and Governmental Relations and Compliance Practice Groups. She has more than twenty years’ experience representing public and private clients in a broad range of corporate, securities and investment transactions.
Beverly serves as investment counsel to a number of institutional investors, including public pension plans, private funds and insurance companies. She has reviewed, negotiated and structured several billion dollars in investments in a variety of “alternative investments” including U.S. and international private equity funds, infrastructure funds, real estate funds (including REITs), debt funds, opportunistic funds, hedge funds, direct investments, and other comingled vehicles. She has also negotiated and drafted hundreds of other investment related agreements, including investment management agreements, transition management agreements, side letters, securities lending authorization agreements and custodian contracts.
Beverly also counsels public and private companies, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, on a variety of corporate, securities and business matters, such as private placements of debt and equity securities, venture capital and “angel” financings, mergers and acquisitions, ﬁduciary duties, corporate governance, share repurchase programs, shelf offerings, Regulation FD and 33 Act and 34 Act reporting and disclosure requirements.
She is an honors graduate from both Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.) and Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D.), where she was a Merit Scholar and recipient of the West Publishing Outstanding Academic Achievement Award.
Beverly enjoys helping her local animal rescue and is a proud “foster failure.” She is also an award-winning web designer and a published photographer. A self-described sports nut, she loves to watch baseball, college football and college basketball in her free time.
- University of Rhode Island (B.A., 1991)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., summa cum laude, 1995)
- Georgetown University (LL.M. International and Comparative Law, 1996; LL.M., Securities and Financial Regulation, with Distinction, 1999)
- 1995, Oklahoma
- 1998, District of Columbia
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys (NAPPA)
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $100 million investment in an infrastructure fund.
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $75 million investment in a secondaries fund.
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $75 million investment in a real estate fund (REIT).
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $50 million investment in a midstream energy sector fund.
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $25 million investment in a middle market lending fund.
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $20 million investment in a technology fund.
- Assisted a public pension plan with a $15 million investment in a hedge fund.
- Assisted a public pension plan in reviewing and negotiating a joint venture involving the construction and management of multi-family residential buildings.
- Assisted an insurance company with a $50 million investment in a commercial real estate debt fund.
- Assisted an insurance company with a $250 million investment in a commercial mortgage income fund.
- Assisted a private pension fund with a $10 million investment in a private equity-style opportunities fund.
- Advised governmental pension plans and insurance companies on their confidentiality obligations in relation to the Oklahoma Open Records Act, other FOIA/Sunshine laws, and NAIC requirements.
- Represented a local biotech company through multiple venture capital rounds, culminating in it being acquired in a deal valued at over $600 million.
- Represented a local technology company through five venture capital rounds and an acquisition by a public company.
- Represented a local biotech company in a $50 million Series B offering.
- Represented a Pennsylvania-based energy company in a $100 million limited partnership offering.
- Assisted a California-based startup biotech company in acquiring certain assets of a public company.
- Assisted a Massachusetts-based biotech company in a spinoff transaction and three venture capital rounds.
- Represented a New York-based technology company in the $9 million sale of its assets.
- Represented an Oklahoma-based drilling company in the $15 million sale of its assets.
- Served as securities counsel to an Oklahoma-based energy company in its merger with a wholly owned subsidiary of a public company.
- Assisted an Oklahoma-based energy company with filing its first shelf registration statement.
- Assisted various public companies with their disclosure and periodic reporting obligations, including proxy statements, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks and Section 16 beneficial ownership reports.
- Assisted public and private companies and their boards of directors with their corporate governance and fiduciary obligations.
- Represented various private equity funds in conducting private placements of debt and equity securities, qualifying for Oklahoma tax credits and investing proceeds in portfolio companies.