Martin G. Ozinga
Martin Ozinga is a registered patent attorney and Chair of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He represents individuals and companies in a wide range of intellectual property, patent, trademark and copyright matters.
Martin is an adjunct professor of Intellectual Property at the University of Oklahoma College of Law Paralegal Program. He was formerly a felony trial lawyer at the Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office.
He takes a global approach to intellectual property by helping clients actualize value from intangible assets, through the efficient and strategic management of their intellectual property portfolios.
Born in Ridgewood, New Jersey, Martin now lives in Norman, Oklahoma, with his wife and son. In his free time, he enjoys coaching his son’s sports teams and volunteering with Kiwanis and Mobile Meals. He and his family attend St. Luke’s United Methodist Church.
- Southern Methodist University (B.S., 1987)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., 1990)
- 1990, Oklahoma
- 1990, U.S. District Court, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- 1990, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- William J. Holloway Inns of Court (Master)
- Tried over 100 jury trials in state and federal court
- Representing clients in intellectual property issues throughout a number of industries and technologies, including aviation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, petroleum equipment and processes, plastics, polymers, transportation, sporting and recreational goods, food processing equipment, machinery, and software