Beverly I. Vilardofsky
Beverly Vilardofsky is a Director and a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Her primary area of practice is corporate and securities.
Beverly has assisted clients in a wide variety of domestic and international corporate transactions, including private placements and public offerings of equity securities, mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, restructurings and securities transactions. She also advises clients on general corporate governance matters, compliance with the federal securities laws and state “blue sky” laws.
Beverly also provides strategic legal representation to many of the state’s public pension plans, helping them through the maze of state and federal regulations relating to investments by governmental entities in both traditional and alternative investment vehicles.
She is an honors graduate from both Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.) and Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D.), where she was a Merit Scholar and recipient of the West Publishing Outstanding Academic Achievement Award. Beverly is a former Big Sister for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma City and a volunteer for the Oklahoma Lawyers for America’s Heroes.
Beverly is a former award-winning web designer and a published photographer. A self-described sports nut, she loves to watch baseball, college football and college basketball in her free time.
- University of Rhode Island (B.A., 1991)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., summa cum laude, 1995)
- Georgetown University (LL.M. International and Comparative Law, 1996; LL.M., Securities and Financial Regulation, with Distinction, 1999)
- 1995, Oklahoma
- 1998, District of Columbia
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Business Law, Intellectual Property and Franchise Law Sections)
- District of Columbia Bar
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Assists established and emerging companies with formation, governance, compliance and financing issues
- Represents multi-billion dollar pension systems, with emphasis on negotiating and drafting contracts for traditional investment vehicles and alternative investments both domestically and abroad
- Assists public pension plans with compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including their organizational and governing statutes and rules and state freedom of information acts (ie. Open Meetings Act and Open Records Act)
- Domestic and international corporate transactions
- Private placements and public offerings of equity securities
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Private equity investments
- Securities transactions