Janet Hendrick is an experienced employment litigator who tackles each of her client’s problems with a tailored, results-oriented approach. Whether training managers on employment law compliance to minimize an employer’s legal risk or representing the employer in court or arbitration, she brings years of experience and in-depth legal knowledge to deliver results.
Janet regularly appears in state and federal court to defend employers of all sizes against discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and related claims. She frequently represents non-subscribing employers against employee injury claims under state law. Rather than simply managing a case, Janet applies a resolution strategy from the beginning of a matter that informs every decision, always with her clients’ goals in mind. Her approach has led to successful resolution of claims whether by dispositive motion, favorable settlement, or judgment.
To help clients avoid litigation, she helps them navigate high-risk employment decisions and audits, and trains management in a user-friendly, interactive style that results in a more productive and positive work environment and fewer claims. Janet prepares employment contracts and arbitration agreements, and prepares, defends, and enforces restrictive covenants, including non-competition agreements.
Janet is a sought-after speaker and author on topics including gender diversity in the legal profession, workplace accommodations and leave management, evolving workplace protections of LGBT employees, and the rapidly expanding gig economy.
Deeply committed to the advancement of women in the legal profession, Janet is an active member of the National Association of Women Lawyers and the Dallas Women Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the labor and employment law sections of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, and the Dallas Bar Association.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (J.D. 1991, cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- University of Texas at Arlington (B.A. 1984)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- Collin County Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce Governance Committee