The lawyers in the Phillips Murrah Oil and Gas Title Exam Practice Group research, draft, and review title opinions for oil and gas producers and operators in Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. Our Oil and Gas Title lawyers have a wide range of experience in oil and gas matters, including as in-house counsel for companies in the oil and gas industry and have a full understanding of the advice and counsel that our oil and gas clients need to make informed decisions with respect to title issues.
In addition, lawyers in the Phillips Murrah Energy and Natural Resources Practice Group also provide advice, counsel and representation in all aspects oil and gas litigation, dispute resolution, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as general business representation.
Attorneys in the Phillips Murrah Oil and Gas Title Exam Practice Group have the ability to assist with Oil and Gas matters that frequently arise in the Title Exam area, including:
- Preparing Acquisition, Drilling, and Division Order Title Opinions from on Public Records based upon Photos, Abstracts or Stand-up Examination.
- Conducting Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions involving Oil and Gas Properties.
- Drafting and Interpreting Contracts and Conveyances.
- Consulting with respect to Curative Matters that arise in Title Examination.
- Preparing Deeds, Affidavits, Assignments and other Documents or Handling Quiet Title Actions to Cure Title Defects.
- Providing Advice to Lease Brokers and Landmen concerning Legal Issues that Arise in Contract and Lease Negotiations.
- Negotiating Leases and Evaluating Lease Terms.
- Handling Probates, Heirship Determinations and other Estate Planning Matters involving Mineral Rights, Royalty or Working Interests.
- Negotiating and Drafting Agreements with Surface Owners, such as Salt Water Disposal Agreements,Surface Damages Agreements, Easements and Right of Ways.
- Preparing Mechanics and Materialmen’s Liens for Oil and Gas Service Companies.