Phillips Murrah is proud to be a sponsor of the 2022 TEDx Oklahoma City event, titled: NORMALL.
The event is held at Tower Theatre in Oklahoma City’s Midtown district on Sept. 9, beginning at 9 a.m. Tickets are available HERE.
From TEDx Oklahoma City: The pandemic taught us that “normal” life is something that can be lost. It’s something you can crave. The magic of the mundane was seemingly lost overnight in March of 2020. And society has been scrambling to define a “new normal” ever since.
But what is “normal?” How do you describe “typical?” If you’re like most people, it’s defined by culture. By what isn’t abnormal.
This September, TEDxOklahomaCity is exploring these ideas. Our theme, Normall, dives into the diversity that creates our perception of what normal is and what it isn’t.
A TEDx Exhibit is any creative reflection of the conference’s theme. Sometimes an Exhibit is a piece of art. Sometimes it’s an immersive walkthrough experience. Exhibits are shown at TEDx events around the world, and are vital to bringing home this year’s theme of Normall to our community.
Scheduled speakers are:
- Jeremie Kubicek: Author, speaker, thought leader, and content creator
- Les Thomas Sr.: author, community activist, emcee, and master mentor
- Jenny Nguyen: Restaurateur and real estate developer
- Kori Hall: Community advocate and storyteller
- Mike Hearne: Golfer, realtor, and creator of podcast This is Oklahoma
- Eric Rutingabo Muhiz: Motivational speaker
- Taylor Doe: Creative entrepreneur and thought leader
- Debreon Davis: Educator
- Perry James Lott: Public speaker, motivator, and minister
- Natalie Kent: Creative leader and activist
- Chris Brewster: Educator and advocate for kids
The TEDx Oklahoma City event is operated under license from TED. Balancing out the speakers’ talks, the interactive component of Exhibits allows guests to immerse themselves into the Technology Education and Design that makes up the backbone of what TED is all about.