Continuing its dedication to diversity and inclusion, Phillips Murrah is proud to announce its inclusion as a 2019 National Association of Women Lawyers Sustaining Sponsor. Founded in 1899, NAWL’s goal is to empower women in the legal profession while cultivating a diverse membership dedicated to equality, mutual support and collective success. The organization’s mission is “to provide leadership, a collective voice, and essential resources to advance women in the legal profession and advocate for the equality of women under the law.”
NAWL’s initiatives and activities include:
- National and regional programming focused on giving women lawyers the legal and business skills to succeed in the legal profession.
- Increasing the percentage of women equity partners in law firms with talented high-potential women who are on the equity partner track.
- Amicus support in the Supreme Court of the United States and in other federal courts on issues of concern to women.
- Liaison relationships and partnerships with other professional organizations.
- Publications of interest to women in law and opportunities for NAWL members to publish scholarly articles.
NAWL’s events and resources help bring awareness to gender-based topics and challenges within the legal profession, such as diversity scholarships, workplace equality in areas of compensation and influence, and guidance and networking opportunities for women in a variety of practice areas.
For more information, visit the NAWL website at https://www.nawl.org.