Zachary K. Bradt
Zac is a Director at the firm and represents individuals, privately-held and publicly-traded companies in connection with a wide range of litigation, transactional, and energy related matters. As an oil and gas attorney, Zac has worked with oil and gas companies and mineral owners in a variety of matters in Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico, including oil and gas title examination, probate, quiet title, surface damages issues, transactional and contract matters, and royalty owner litigation.
Additionally, Zac has experience with the development, construction, and financing of alternative energy generation facilities. In expanding his practice to incorporate franchise law, Zac advises clients on the decision to franchise, state and federal regulations associated with franchising, franchise agreements, and franchise disclosure documents.
Prior to joining the firm, Zac served as an in-house attorney at Chesapeake Energy. Zac serves on the Advisory Board of St. Luke’s Methodist Church at their Edmond Campus. Born and raised in Oklahoma, Zac makes his home in Edmond, with his wife and son. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, watching sports, traveling, and coaching his son’s sports teams.
- Oklahoma State University (B.B.A., 2003)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D., 2008; M.B.A., 2008)
- 2008, Oklahoma
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 2016, New Mexico
- 2017, Texas
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Energy and Natural Resources Law Section and Real Property Law Section)
- Oklahoma City Association of Professional Landmen
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Oklahoma City Real Property Lawyers Association
- Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City
- Prepared Drilling Title Opinions, Division Order Title Opinions and Acquisition Title Opinions covering lands in Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico
- Assisted clients in conducting due diligence in the acquisition and divesture of oil and gas properties
- Represented royalty owners in litigation matters involving the payment of interest on oil and gas royalties as well as surface damages disputes, and quiet title matters.
- Represented wind and solar developers in connection with the construction and financing of their alternative energy projects within Oklahoma.
- Drafted franchise disclosure documents and franchise agreements and advised clients on franchise related matters.
- Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters - Rising Star; 2017-2018
- St. Luke’s Methodist Church (Advisory Board Member, Edmond Campus, 2020-2021)
- Oklahoma Children’s Theatre (Member, Board of Directors 2013-2016, Vice President 2016)
- ALERT: Supreme Court ruling impacts property and title rights across large portion of Oklahoma
- ALERT: Colorado lawsuit asserts oil and gas forced pooling is unconstitutional
- Phillips Murrah announces new Director, Shareholder for 2019
- Phillips Murrah announces 21 attorneys named to 2018 Super Lawyers list
- Oklahoma mineral owners should be informed about their options
- Oklahoma Surface owners have rights regarding oil and gas development
- Phillips Murrah attorneys selected as 2017 Super Lawyers
- Phillips Murrah welcomes oil and gas title attorney