Martin J. Lopez III
Martin attended the Oklahoma City University School of Law where he served as class president, also serving as the Student Bar Association President his third and final year. He was also a member of the Oklahoma City University Law Review. Additionally, Martin had the opportunity to work alongside university president Robert H. Henry, serving as his legal research assistant for two years.
While pursuing his law degree, Martin worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Timothy D. DeGiusti of the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma as well as for Justice Noma D. Gurich of the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Born and raised in Oklahoma City, Martin currently lives there with his wife and puppy. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with friends and family, watching Sooner sporting events, traveling, and fly fishing.
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., B.B.A., 2014)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- 2018, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (Member, Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors, 2019)
- Best Lawyers® in America: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Board of Directors - Oklahoma City University School of Law Alumni Association
- Martin J. Lopez III, Comment, Martinez v. Angel Exploration, LLC: An Examination of Oklahoma's Evolving Open and Obvious Doctrine, 42 Okla. City U. L. Rev. 201 (2018).
- COVID-19 Update: Okla. Gov. Stitt issues new restrictions, U.S. DOL updates face mask FAQs
- Vicarious liability – Physicians can take steps to minimize risk
- Phillips Murrah announces 61 attorneys named to 2021 Best Lawyers lists
- CARES Act and independent contractors – How businesses can mitigate risk related to CARES Act unemployment claims
- Business risk related to independent contractor unemployment claims under CARES Act
- The ABCs of the FLSA’s new overtime rules
- Oklahoma Annual Inventory of Controlled Dangerous Substances
- A bitter pill – avoiding medical malpractice lawsuits for new physicians