Kendra M. Norman
Kendra M. Norman represents individuals and businesses in a broad range of transactional matters in the areas of real estate, mergers and acquisitions, estate planning and business succession, tax law, and clean energy law.
Kendra served as the Articles Editor for the Oklahoma Law Review while studying at the University of Oklahoma College of Law. She received the American Jurisprudence Award for Contracts, Legal Research and Writing II, Criminal Law, and Transactional Law Practicum II. She was also selected as a Dean's Leadership Fellow and received the Comfort "Top Ten" Scholarship. She was a member and officer of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity. Kendra won First Place in the 27th Annual Ruby R. Vale Interschool Corporate Moot Court Competition 2015 in Wilmington, Delaware. She also won the Judge Wayne E. Alley Advocacy Writing Award.
Kendra is actively involved with the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority, and currently serves as the Network Specialist of Operations and Programming for Network 6 which covers chapters in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana. In that role, she volunteers her time to develop chapter leadership, and improve collegiate chapter operations and membership experience.
Born and raised in Yukon, Oklahoma, Kendra currently lives in Oklahoma City. In her free time, she enjoys listening to podcasts, spending time with her cat, and traveling.
- University of Oklahoma, (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- University of Oklahoma, (J.D., with Honors, Order of the Coif, 2016)
- 2016, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 2016, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Associate Member of CREW-OKC, Inc.
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Represents clients in the formation and organization of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability business entities, including drafting operating agreements.
- Represents multiple clients in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing various commercial contracts, including Service Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, and License Agreements.
- Represents clients in the negotiation and drafting of stock sales and purchases, asset sales and purchases, company redemptions, and other merger and acquisition transactions in various industries including hospice, manufacturing, and motor vehicle.
- Represents landlords and tenants in negotiating and drafting commercial lease agreements, including for office space, shopping centers, grocery stores, and breweries.
- Represents clients in connection with various successful residential and commercial real estate acquisitions, development, and dispositions, including hotels, agricultural, and car dealerships.
- Represents real estate developers, including with drafting condominium declarations, and covenants, conditions, and restrictions documents.
- Represents clients in the formation, qualification, and dissolution of non-profit organizations.
- Drafts a wide range of estate planning documents for clients including Last Wills and Testaments, revocable trusts, advance directives, and durable powers of attorney.
- Advises clients on the administration and distribution of trusts.
- Represents clients in the area of clean energy law including the review and negation of solar leases.
- NextGen Under 30 Award Recipient in "The Law" Category (2020)
- Best Lawyers® in America: Ones to Watch - Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law; Tax Law (2021)
- 2019 OU Outstanding Chapter Advisor Award
- First Place, 27th Annual Ruby R. Vale Interschool Corporate Moot Court Competition (2015)
- Order of the Coif - University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Dean's Leadership Fellow - University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Comfort Scholarship - University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Judge Wayne E. Alley Advocacy Writing Award
- University of Oklahoma College of Law Sisters in Law Mentor Program (Volunteer, 2019-2021)
- Active Member of Junior League Oklahoma City
- Alpha Omicron Pi Network Specialist of Operations and Programming
- Chapter Adviser of Xi Chapter, Alpha Omicron Pi, University of Oklahoma (2019 – 2021)
- Alpha Omicron Pi Alumnae Advisory Committee – Xi Chapter, University of Oklahoma (2015-2021)
- Member of LOYAL Class XV
- Norman appointed to Junior League of Oklahoma City leadership role
- NextGen Under 30 awards Kendra Norman in legal field
- Force majeure clauses and COVID-19
- Phillips Murrah announces 61 attorneys named to 2021 Best Lawyers lists
- Equine Estate Planning: What if your horses outlive you?
- Norman named University of Oklahoma’s Outstanding Chapter Advisor
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce to host teleconference series on SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Disaster Loan Info: U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) lending programs
- Phillips Murrah attorney gives sixth graders glimpse into lawyer life
- Mindfulness in the legal profession
- Norman selected for LOYAL XV Class
- Norman elected Chapter Adviser for University of Oklahoma sorority
- Gender equality and the rise of women in the boardroom
- LIBOR phase out means some mortgage, business loans need updating
- Firm hosts welcoming party for incoming summer law clerks
- Firm supports Big Brothers Big Sisters 2017 Bowl for Kids’ Sake campaign
- Doing business in multiple states
- Attorneys Hilary Hudson, Kendra Norman inducted into Order of the Coif
- Firm hosts Halloween Party to raise money for Harvest Food Drive
- Phillips Murrah welcomes two new attorneys
- Phillips Murrah attorneys and summer clerks visit nursing home