Gretchen M. Latham
Gretchen Latham’s practice focuses on representing creditors in foreclosure, bankruptcy, collection and replevin cases. She offers these services to her clients on a statewide basis as well as in all three Bankruptcy and Federal Court Districts in Oklahoma.
Gretchen brings over 15 years’ experience in creditor representation to the table, assisting local lenders as well as national creditors including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Vanderbilt Mortgage & Finance, and 21st Mortgage Corporation. Gretchen has been active in local consumer collection groups over the course of her career, and has a published bankruptcy opinion to her credit. In re: Dennis, BK CT. W,D. OK, 206 B.R. 793 (2002). She is an adjunct professor for Oklahoma City University School of Law for Contracts Drafting for Fall 2021.
Prior to joining Phillips Murrah as an Associate Attorney, Gretchen began her career with a local collection law firm and then moved to an in-house position with one of the nation’s largest lenders.
Gretchen is married with one child. She was born in St. Charles, Missouri but has been a “native” Oklahoman since 1986. A graduate of a local high school, she went on to receive her undergraduate degree from the University of Central Oklahoma and her J.D. from Oklahoma City University.
- University of Central Oklahoma (B.A., 1994)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- 1998, Oklahoma
- 1998, Federal District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 1998, Federal District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 1998, Federal District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- 1998, United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 1998, United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 1998, United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Represented banks and other lending institutions in foreclosure, bankruptcy, collections, and replevin cases on a statewide basis
- Experienced with personal injury and probate matters
- Participated in Federal Court defense of lawyers as well as defense of claims of violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Best Lawyers®: Commercial Litigation (2021)
- Latham to present CLE on home lending issues, COVID-19’s impact
- Phillips Murrah announces 61 attorneys named to 2021 Best Lawyers lists
- What is the status of evictions and foreclosures in Oklahoma amidst the COVID 19 pandemic?
- Relief for the uphill battle faced by creditors in bankruptcy
- NewsOK Q&A: Laws allow for various contingencies in dealing with bankrupt companies
- Firm selects January Employee of the Month
- Firm hosts Halloween Party to raise money for Harvest Food Drive
- Attorney joins Vatterott College Program Advisory Board
- Bankruptcy issues from the creditor perspective
- NewsOK Q&A: Healthcare providers can use Oklahoma’s unclaimed property fund to collect on unpaid bills