Intellectual Property Practice
Phillips Murrah’s Intellectual Property Practice Group is dedicated to obtaining patents, trademarks and copyrights for our clients in the United States and internationally.
We also offer expert counseling on a range of intellectual property issues to ensure maximum returns while developing strategies related to new technologies to protect clients’ businesses.
Attorneys in Phillips Murrah’s Intellectual Property Practice Group are educated on regional, national and international copyright laws to represent our clients most effectively.
Our attorneys support clients who need representation in registering or protecting copyrights from infringement.
Our legal team helps clients by:
- Preparing and filing copyright registrations
- Offering prosecution of those copyrights.
- Counseling regarding copyright protection and use
- Assigning copyrights
- Implementing copyright and software licensing
From initial conception, through patent searches and applications, to finally issuing of our clients’ intellectual property, our representation gets our clients through the process swiftly.
Our attorneys serve clients through the preparation, filing and prosecution of utility and design patent applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Through patent searches and studies, our team offers their opinions for properties’ patentability.
From there, patent attorneys offer the following services:
- Procurement of international patent protection
- Patent and technology licensing
- Assignment of patent rights
- Joint exploitation ownership agreements
Attorneys at Phillips Murrah represent clients throughout the trademark process to ensure their properties are singularly identifiable.
Trademark attorneys assist clients through the preparation and filing of trademark and service mark applications in states and in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Trademark attorneys offer the following:
- Conducts search services, registration searchers and opinion work to determine availability
- Counseling related to potential adoption and use of trademarks
- Procurement of international trademark protection
- Watch services for and trademarks
- Trademark licensing
- Assignments of trademark rights
- Representation of trademark holder’s interests in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeals
Patent, Trademark & Copyright Litigation
Our legal team serves to issue and protect patents, trademarks and copyrights through appropriate registration and infringement litigation to avoid any setbacks in our clients’ business ventures.
Our litigation services cover:
- Patent infringement and interference
- Trademark infringement, opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Copyright infringement
- Domain name disputes and ICANN proceedings
- Unfair competition and deceptive trade practices
- Misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information
- Intellectual property-related antitrust issues and agreement disputes
- Employment contract disputes concerning intellectual property