Attorneys in Phillips Murrah’s Construction Law Practice Group have over 20 years of experience advising developers, contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals on all facets of construction law, including commercial, residential, heavy highway, federal and state projects, and oil and gas. Our attorneys understand that construction law isn’t simply litigation or transactions in a construction context but a practice of law unto itself where knowledge of the field, its customs, and players make the difference in prosecuting claims, drafting contracts, and successful development and completion of projects.
At Phillips Murrah, our clients do not have to waste time or money teaching us about the issues. Our attorneys are knowledgeable on the subject and work with local and national industry groups to stay up to date as well as to share our knowledge by presenting at seminars and working groups.
We represent and advise our commercial, residential, and infrastructure clients in every stage of construction – from the initial idea to financing and procurement to final acceptance. Using our background and expertise our attorneys serve builders and developers, contractors and subcontractors, suppliers and designers in all aspects of construction law:
- Construction Claims – prosecuting and defending disputes over delays, schedule changes, change orders, workmanship, warranty, and surety/bond claims in both arbitration and litigation
- Contract drafting and negotiations – from design-build to subcontracts and joint ventures to construction management we advise clients on and draft the agreements that provide the framework for the project
- Default and defects – working with clients to enforce/protect their contractual rights before and after termination as well as the prosecution and defense of claims related to structural deficiencies, substandard materials and workmanship, as well as code violations
- Liens and payment bond claims – we make and defend against claims to ensure that each party receives what it is due and protect the overall project financial stability
- Bid disputes – our attorneys advise on the legal and practical ramifications of bid protests to ensure that the taxpayer’s money isn’t being misspent
- Design professionals – prosecuting and defending claims of professional negligence and reviewing and drafting agreements for design services
- Entity formation and management – we advise clients on establishing their construction business and the attendant issues including labor and employment, taxes, and licensure
- Development – we help our clients with financing, zoning, licensing, and land use issues surrounding a project’s development