Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
It is our goal to engage diverse and inclusive teams, leading to more innovation, engagement and creativity in our work. Phillips Murrah is constantly striving to create a working environment that is open to all needs, perspectives, contributions, experiences and backgrounds – regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin. Through diversity, we can achieve sustainable and long-term success not only for our clients, but also for our community.
Our Strategic Objectives:
Phillips Murrah has a strategic plan to achieve the goal of Firm-wide diversity and inclusion. This strategic plan is ongoing and led by the organization and leadership of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee has identified these goals to achieve the Firm’s vision for diversity and inclusion:
- Create Diversity Through Recruitment: We aspire to increase diversity by seeking out and hiring talented and diverse attorneys and personnel.
- Support a Diverse Environment through Inclusion: We foster an inclusive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation. We also strive to increase awareness and wisdom through inclusive leadership training and promoting work-life balance flexibility. We aim for transparent and positive communication.
- Diversity and Inclusion Program: We are developing, implementing, and seeking to engage and participate in programs that foster diversity and inclusion in the community.
Phillips Murrah Participates in 2021 Mansfield Rule Certification
Phillips Murrah P.C. is pleased to announce our participation in Diversity Lab’s Midsize Mansfield Rule certification process. During the 18-month certification period, more than 70 participating firms across the nation will track activities that demonstrate their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Phillips Murrah is the only Oklahoma-based firm participating in the 2021 Midsize Mansfield Rule.
“Phillips Murrah looks forward to strengthening its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, internally and in the legal community, by participating in the Mansfield certification process,” said Candace Williams Lisle, Chair of Phillips Murrah’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee. “By engaging in this challenging initiative, we are committed to make meaningful progress in hiring, promoting, and including historically underrepresented attorneys.”
Phillips Murrah is recognized as “Ceiling Smashers” by Law360’s 2020 Glass Ceiling Report
Each year, Law360 surveys law firms in various size categories and ranks their percentage of female attorneys and female equity partners. They publish their findings in the Glass Ceiling Report.
For the 2020 Glass Ceiling Report, Phillips Murrah is ranked 12th in the nation for firms of 100 attorneys or less, and ranked #6 in the Top 10 in our law firm size category for outpacing peers as the legal industry works towards closing the gender gap in its top ranks.
“We’re pleased to receive this recognition for Phillips Murrah and its culture, which rewards talent, skill, and work ethic, and affords equal opportunities to all.
Not only is Phillips Murrah a leader in the percentage of women attorneys, but more importantly, in women who have a seat at the table as equity partners and firm leaders.
Our goal is not simply diversity – but equity and inclusion as well. We’re fortunate that the pool of legal talent in our region includes so many accomplished women, and that so many practice law with us at Phillips Murrah.”
– Candace Williams Lisle, Phillips Murrah Director and Chair of our Firm’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
We recognize the importance of diversity at every level of the Firm.
- There are currently three women serving on our four-member Executive Committee
- A woman Director is chair of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- A woman Director is chair of the Business Development Committee