Phillips Murrah is recognized as “Ceiling Smashers” by Law360’s 2020 Glass Ceiling Report.
Click to enlarge.
Each year, Law360 surveys law firms in various size categories and ranks their percentage of female attorneys and female equity partners. They publish their findings in the Glass Ceiling Report.
For the 2020 Glass Ceiling Report, Phillips Murrah is ranked 12th in the nation for firms of 100 attorneys or less, and ranked #6 in the Top 10 in our law firm size category for outpacing peers as the legal industry works towards closing the gender gap in its top ranks.
“We’re pleased to receive this recognition for Phillips Murrah and its culture, which rewards talent, skill, and work ethic, and affords equal opportunities to all.
Not only is Phillips Murrah a leader in the percentage of women attorneys, but more importantly, in women who have a seat at the table as equity partners and firm leaders.
Our goal is not simply diversity – but equity and inclusion as well. We’re fortunate that the pool of legal talent in our region includes so many accomplished women, and that so many practice law with us at Phillips Murrah.”
– Candace Williams Lisle, Phillips Murrah Director and Chair of our Firm’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
As of 2021, our percentages have improved to the following:
- Percentage of Female Attorneys (firmwide) = 53.3%
- Percentage of Female Equity Partners = 44.12%
- Percentage of Female Associate Attorneys = 75%
- Percentage of Female Of Counsel Attorneys = 47.4%
Click to enlarge.
We recognize the importance of diversity at every level of the Firm.
- There are currently three women serving on our four-member Executive Committee
- A woman Director is chair of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- A woman Director is chair of the Business Development Committee