Juston R. Givens
A Director at Phillips Murrah, Juston represents a diverse group of individuals and businesses covering a wide range of industries, from construction to agriculture to entertainment. Juston’s practice is primarily in the litigation of such matters, and his approach as a “problem solver” serves his clients well, regardless of the type of dispute in which they are involved.
Born and raised in rural Oklahoma Panhandle, he was immersed in the agriculture industry, gaining the unique perspectives that only farming and ranching can provide. These early life lessons positioned Juston to have a rare insight into the agriculture industry, and have served his clients well. Whether it is representing a family in a difficult disassociation matter or representing a farmer relative to the breach of an agreement to purchase grain, his familiarity with the agriculture industry allows him to guide his clients through the legal issues affecting their farms, ranches, and businesses.
As a former band-member, Juston has an insider’s view into the music and entertainment industry, giving him strategic insight into effective representation of his clients, which has led him to representing promoters, venue owners, artists, and booking agencies. Familiarity with the practical side of the entertainment business, combined with considerable legal experience, has given Juston the opportunity to build an entertainment practice unique to Oklahoma City.
While in law school, he was a merit scholar and a member of Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity. During the summer of 2006, he completed the International Association of Defense Counsel’s Trial Academy at Stanford University.
Juston lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, with his wife, Casie, and their children, Sawyer and Josie. He spends most of his free time with his family, enjoying time at the lake or taking an occasional trip to Colorado. He still enjoys playing music from time to time, and he also has an avid interest in classic cars of all kinds.
- Oklahoma State University (B.A., 1998)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., 2001)
- 2001, Oklahoma
- 2001, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 2003, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 2006, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Represented large family farming operation in a partner dissociation litigation
- Represented large family farming operation in breach of commercial contract matters against grain buyers and bond company
- Represented venues such as the world famous Wormy Dog Saloon, and Tumbleweed Dancehall & Concert Venue
- Defended venue owners in personal injury and tort claims
- Defended a car manufacturer in commercial litigation matter
- Represented home builders and subcontractors on various litigation matters
- Represented band in litigation with former manager, specifically dealing with composition rights and rights to sound recordings
- Represented bands in matters with record labels, specifically dealing with rights to sound recordings
- With a philosophy that good lawyers should be “problems solvers,” Juston uses his unique insights and background to guide clients through difficult times and situations, when much can be at risk. Juston’s expertise and approach starts with learning his clients’ business; whether farmer, contractor, or musician, he develops legal strategies with his client’s business objectives as the main focus.
- Phillips Murrah announces 44 attorneys named to 2019 Best Lawyers list
- Phillips Murrah announces 37 attorneys named to 2018 Best Lawyers list
- Director Juston Givens joins Board of American Banjo Museum
- Phillips Murrah announces 35 attorneys named to 2017 Best Lawyers list
- Firm names March Employee of the Month
- Phillips Murrah announces 35 attorneys named to 2016 Best Lawyers list
- Levelland Productions puts OKC at top of Oklahoma music scene
- Phillips Murrah sponsors Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Bowl for Kids’ Sake event
- Director Juston Givens featured in article on law firm diversity
- Phillips Murrah celebrates Grand Opening of OCU Law School
- Phillips Murrah congratulates music venue The Criterion on groundbreaking
- Tips for bands: What to consider when hiring a manager
- 29 Attorneys Selected for 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers
- U.S. News: Phillips Murrah has Strong Showing for Best Lawyers in America
- OCU Law News – Class Notes
- Phillips Murrah names shareholders
- Phillips Murrah associates win chili cook off
- Perri, Hasenfratz, Givens and Shears golf for city beautification
- Johnson, Givens, Miller and Rahme Help Feed the Hungry
- Givens, Shears Named to Firm