Cassity B. Gies
Cassity B. Gies’s practice focuses on family law including divorce and separation, custody, and child support issues. Her experience in immigration, domestic abuse, and employment law provide a comprehensive understanding of collateral matters touching family law. She possesses a passion for all family law matters, but especially carries a torch for custody disputes and resolutions affecting young children.
Cassity graduated Suma Cum Laude from Oklahoma City University School of Law, earning seven CALI awards for Academic Excellence. She was a Hatton W. Sumners Scholar and received the J. William Conger Distinguished Student Award for her graduating class. Cassity began her law career at Mazaheri Law Firm, PLLC, joining Phillips Murrah family law group in 2019.
Raised on a family farm outside of Carmen, Oklahoma, she considers her family to be her most proud accomplishment. When she’s not working, she spends her free time chasing six “crazy” kids and a great pyrenes with her husband Donny, also an attorney.
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A., 2006)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D. 2019)
- 2019, Oklahoma
- Interdisciplinary Program on Child Abuse and Neglect at the OU Child Study Center, 2018 Class
- Are We There Yet? An Analysis of Violence Against Native American Women and the Implementation of Special Criminal Domestic Violence Jurisdiction, The Journal of Race, Gender, and Poverty (2019)
- Affidavit of Support Implications in Divorce, Oklahoma Bar Journal (2020)