Phillips Murrah’s Tax Law Practice Group offers extensive experience to clients’ specialized tax matters. Our attorneys have a deep knowledge of administrative, policy and litigation, and have experience representing individuals and businesses of all sizes. The group utilizes practical, creative strategies in resolving complex taxation matters in sectors as varied as banking, energy, manufacturing, retail, transportation and entertainment.
Our Firm offers a diverse range of services in the field of federal, state and local taxation with a deep understanding of varied and evolving complexities. Our attorneys use a strategic, collaborative approach to ensure a full understanding of current and developing law. Attorneys in the Tax Law practice represent clients at every level and in all phases of planning and every type of dispute resolution with taxing authorities. Drawing on our depth of experience, we tailor each representation to the client’s objectives.
Business & Planning Taxation
- Corporate income tax
- Ad valorem taxation
- Documentary stamp tax
- Intangible tax
- Tax opinions on state sales and use taxes, aircraft and motor vehicle excise taxes, and gross production taxes.
- Tax planning for exempt entities including hospitals foundations and trusts
- Creation of tax legislation
- Industry- and transaction-specific analysis of tax statutes and regulations
- Working with the Oklahoma Department of Revenue in interpretation and administration of state taxes
Phillips Murrah’s Tax Law Group attorneys have extensive administrative and policy experience with the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service, challenging the Department of Revenue through protest or litigation procedures in appropriate cases.
Click here to view the page for our Tax Litigation Practice Group.