Broker Dealer Compliance
Attorneys in Phillips Murrah’s Broker Dealer Practice Group provide customized solutions and flexible, creative and effective compliance. In the highly regulated environment of investment products, it is vital to be highly knowledgeable and well versed in the investment and financial services industry. Where opportunities and options meet federal, state and industry regulations, we provide proactive, expert advice and guidance that can only come with years of experience in all aspects of the industry.
In this evolving area of practice, we help the business side of the business side – product sponsors – to get their products into regulatory compliance and into the hands of investors. Our attorneys are on the cutting edge of helping product sponsors address the numerous regulatory issues that present the most complex investor protection mandates.
We assist product sponsors in navigating barriers of entry and merit decisions regarding whether their product is compliant across SEC, FINRA and “Blue Sky” regulatory authorities.
We also assist broker dealers, financial services companies and investment program sponsors make effective use of the affiliate broker dealers and distribution networks with which they intend to establish in connection with their marketing efforts.
Phillips Murrah’s Broker Dealer Practice Group specialize in the following areas:
- Development of per share estimated values under new FINRA rules 2310 (b) (5) & 2340 (c)
- Product structuring of non-trader REITS , Real Estate, and Oil & Gas limited partnerships
- Advise on the structure of underwriting compensation in connection with both listed securities and non-listed investment programs
- Develop written supervisory procedures and internal controls that are designed to assist BDs and investment advisors to supervise day-to-day sales practices and operations and detect activity which might be inconsistent with federal, state and self-regularity statutes, rules and regulations.
- Heavily involved in complex litigation, defending our clients in connection with matters that arise from regulatory reviews and customer complaints.
- Heavily involved in the development of new rules and regulations that are proposed by the SEC FINRA and the state regulators
- Existing and emerging cyber security matters