Entertainment, Hospitality & Sports
Few industries are as closely tied to economic conditions as the multifaceted enterprises within the hospitality, restaurants, sports and entertainment segments.
Clients need strategic legal counsel that understand the ownership, management and complex operational economics of the industry and can provide effective solutions. Practices that support Phillips Murrah’s Hospitality and Entertainment Industry Group have evolved to keep pace with our clients’ increasing demands, and evolving businesses.
Our attorneys are equipped to help with advice and counsel to address specific needs, including concerns relating to business and corporate, real estate and land use, sales tax, alcoholic beverage licensing, labor and employment, litigation including contract disputes, environmental matters, construction, bankruptcy and intellectual property.
Music and Media Law
Representing the wide-ranging legal and strategic business needs of musicians, songwriters, bands, promoters and management groups.
Phillips Murrah has extensive experience in all aspects of entertainment law with an emphasis in the music industry. The firm’s interdisciplinary team of entertainment attorneys is focused on representing the wide-ranging legal and business needs of musicians, songwriters, bands, promoters and management groups.
Phillips Murrah’s entertainment practice group has expertise in the following areas:
- Drafting and negotiating recording, publishing, management, distribution, touring, merchandising, and licensing agreements that provide favorable treatment in terms of royalty, rights and control of music
- Reviewing and drafting management agreements that ensure a productive relationship
- Entity formation, partnership and operating agreements for band members
- Devising strategies to help our clients protect their intellectual property rights
- Contract evaluation to recognize and help clients avoid potential risks
- Filing or defending against litigation
Our entertainment practice group has experience representing the following types of clients:
- Local and national restaurant groups
- Local, regional and national hotel owners
- Golf course and club operators
- Sports franchises
- Entertainment venues
- Performing musicians and songwriters