Terry L. Hawkins
Terry L. Hawkins is a Director and Chair of the Firm’s Public Finance Practice Group. He represents state and local political subdivisions in a wide range of finance matters, where in the capacity of bond counsel, he assists counties, municipalities, school districts, and rural water districts finance their capital improvement projects.
Since 1981, Terry has participated in more than 2,500 municipal finance projects across Oklahoma. He co-authored “Oklahoma Municipal Bonds” (3RD ED. 1987; 4TH ED. 1993; 5TH ED. 1995; 6TH ED. 1999).
Terry is a board member of Heritage Hills Historical Preservation, Inc. He is a past board member of Mountain View Public Schools, a past board of investors member of the Oklahoma EDGE fund and was a member of Class XI of the Oklahoma Agricultural Leadership Program. He is also on the Board of Governors for the Oklahoma State University Foundation.
Born in Hobart, Oklahoma, he and his wife, Brenda, have a cow-calf operation on 3,400 acres near Mountain View, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma State University (B.S., 1978)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D., 1981)
- 1981, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American College of Bond Counsel
- Representative experience in municipal financings:
- Epworth Villa Retirement facility in Oklahoma City
- Bar-S Foods Co. facilities in Altus, Lawton and Elk City
- Family Dollar distribution facility in Duncan
- J. M. Huber manufacturing facility in Broken Bow
- Dome of the State Capitol
- Gallagher-Iba Arena and Boone Pickens Stadium at Oklahoma State University
- Hospital financings in Alva, Atoka, Carnegie, Elk City, Hobart, Okeene and Weatherford
- Water and sewer system financings for municipalities and rural water districts and school district financings in all 77 counties
- Worked exclusively in the area of public finance law for political subdivisions of the state, including counties, municipalities, public trusts, school districts and rural water districts since 1981
- Co-author, “Oklahoma Municipal Bonds” (3RD ED. 1987; 4TH ED. 1993; 5TH ED. 1995; 6TH ED. 1999)