Robert O. O’Bannon
Robert O’Bannon is a Director and member of the Firm’s Tax, Trusts and Estate Planning, Energy and Natural Resources and Corporate and Securities Law Practice Groups. He represents individuals and both privately held and public companies in a wide range of transactional matters.
Robert is a successful tax attorney with extensive experience in all areas of corporate and tax law, including complex mergers and acquisitions, tax-free reorganizations and financing transactions for a variety of clients. His representation includes the structuring and federal and state tax implications of financing transactions through debt placement, private placement offerings and initial public offerings.
Robert was a member of the Phi Delta Phi honorary fraternity, while in law school. Born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa, Robert lives in Edmond, Oklahoma.
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., 1976)
- Oklahoma City University (J.D., 1979)
- Boston University (LL.M., Taxation, 1980)
- 1979, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Huber $200 million financing transaction in southern Oklahoma
- Multiple private placement transactions for privately held oil and gas companies
- Represented privately-held companies in mergers and acquisitions of oil and gas properties
- W.H. Braum, Inc. v. Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Tax Court): Successfully represented Braum in a complex tax case
- Davenport v. Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Federal District Court): Successfully represented Davenport in a real estate valuation case
- Dolese v. Oklahoma Tax Commission: Successfully represented Dolese in a sales tax case involving quarries and sand plants
- Complex mergers and acquisitions
- Tax-free reorganizations
- Financing transactions for a variety of clients