Ray E. Zschiesche
Ray Zschiesche is a trial attorney whose commercial law practice is focused on complex state and federal litigation and appeals. He represents individuals and companies in a wide range of complex litigation matters.
In addition to extensive insurance defense experience, he has successfully defended cases involving class actions, mass tort liability, lender liability, fraud and bad faith. Ray also represents clients in pre-suit negotiations, mediation and arbitration.
Author of The Business Record Exception to the Hearsay Rule: An Overview, 61 OKLA. B.J. 2047 (1990), Ray’s legal accomplishments were recognized with the George J. Fagin Municipal Law Endowment Award.
Ray was born, raised and now lives in Oklahoma City with his family.
- Oklahoma State University (B.S., 1982)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D., with Distinction, 1985)
- 1985, Oklahoma
- 1986, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- 1990, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- 1997, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court (Master)
- Led Oklahoma defense counsel in pharmaceutical mass tort product liability cases
- Successfully litigated and tried numerous insurance defense matters, with a concentration in defense of errors and omissions claims against insurance agents and real estate agents and brokers
- Successfully represented clients in Oklahoma Real Estate Commission matters, covenants not to compete, commercial litigation, lender liability and product liability actions
- Complex state and federal litigation and appeals
- George J. Fagin Municipal Law Endowment Award (1985)
- Journal Record Leadership in Law Award
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Listed by "Best Lawyers in America" in practice areas: Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants; Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2013-present)
- Super Lawyers
- Jim Thorpe Association (Executive Council)
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children (Attorney Volunteer)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association Community Service Committee (Vice-chair 2011-2013; Chair 2013-2015)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association Voices for Children Committee
- Master - Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court XXIII (2005-2008)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association Board of Directors (2015-2018)
- The Business Record Exception to the Hearsay Rule: An Overview, 61 Oklahoma Bar Journal 2047 (July 1990)