Nicholle Jones Edwards
Nicholle Jones Edwards’ law practice focuses on family law, general civil litigation and appellate matters. Her family law practice includes litigation, complex custody issues and valuation issues.
Nikki was born in 1969 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She began her career with the law firm of Horning, Johnson, Moore, Grove, Hulett & Thompson, focusing on labor law and family law. Nikki remained with that law firm until she joined Mullins, Hirsch & Parrish in 2002. In 2004, she became a partner with the law firm of Mullins, Hirsch & Jones predecessor to Mullins, Hirsch, Edwards, Heath, White & Martinez, P.C.
Nikki is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association and Oklahoma County Bar Association. She has served as the Co-Chair of the Family Law Section of the Oklahoma County Bar Association. She has also served on the Diversity Committee, Community Service Committee and the Fee Grievance and Ethics Committee of the Oklahoma County Bar Association. She also served as a Delegate in the House of Delegates for the Oklahoma Bar Association in 2008-2009 and as an Alternate Delegate for 2006-2007. Nikki is also a Fellow of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation.
Nikki has been a speaker on family law issues and co-authored “Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and Federal Civilian Retirement Orders.” She has been active in the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Courts since 1998 and served as the Mentoring Co-Chairperson from 2001-2005. She co-authored “The Evolution of the Mentoring Program of the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court” in 2003. Nikki was named the Outstanding Master in the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court for 2013-2014, Outstanding Barrister for 2004-2005 and Outstanding Associate for 2002-2003.
Nikki is active in community service and serves as a Board Member of Positive Tomorrows, a school for homeless and at-risk children in the Oklahoma City area. She recently concluded her service on the Advisory Board of the University of Oklahoma Women & Gender Studies, serving as founding member from 2011 through 2016. She recently served on the Good Shepherd Ministries board.
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A., 1991, J.D., 1997)
- Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. District Courts, Northern & Western Districts of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inns of Court
- Practice is devoted primarily to divorce and family law and all related issues and includes:
- Representation of individuals with high net worth assets involving complex valuation issues
- Representation of individuals pursuing or defending support alimony issues
- Representation of family businesses with partnership agreements and operating agreements
- Representation of individuals with ownership in closely held companies and their ancillary valuation and division issues
- Representation of individuals with ownership in publicly traded companies
- Representation of individuals with the preparation and defense of prenuptial agreements
- Representation of individuals and spouses with ownership interests in the areas of transportation, oil and gas, physician-owned practices, sports, law practices, manufacturing and other service businesses
- Representation of clients with complex custody issues involving biological parents, putative parents, grandparents and third parties
- Representation of same-sex couples involving partnership agreements, custody issues, and dissolution proceedings
- Representative experience:
- Successfully defended multiple appeals in family law matters in the areas of custody, visitation, child support, support alimony, business valuation and asset/debt division (Redmond v. Cauthen, 2009 OK CIV APP 46)
- Successfully litigated and resolved the division of assets involving multi-million dollar and publically traded companies with complex real estate, securities and investment valuation issues
- Successfully prosecuted and defended complex custody matters
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Listed by "Best Lawyers in America" in practice area: Family Law (2010-present)
- Listed by Super Lawyers - Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Oklahoma City
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court Outstanding Master (2013-2014); Outstanding Barrister (2004-2005); Outstanding Associate (2002-2003)
- The Journal Record's Leadership in Law Award (2008)
- Positive Tomorrows (Board Member)
- Oklahoma Single Parent Scholarship Program
- Good Shepherd Ministries (Board Member, 2015)
- University of Oklahoma Women & Gender Studies (Advisory Board Member, 2009-May 2016)
- Author, "Online Evidence: Digital discovery during divorce" The Journal Record (Jan. 28, 2015)
- Author, "Zschiesche Goes the Distance for Community Service Committee" Oklahoma County Bar Association Briefcase (June 2010)
- Co-Author, "The Evolution of the Mentoring Program of the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court," The Bencher, (Jan./Feb. 2003)
- Co-Author, “Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and Federal Civilian Retirement Orders” Oklahoma Bar Association, (Oct. 2001)