Melissa R. Gardner
Melissa R. Gardner is a Director and an attorney in the Energy & Natural Resources Practice Group. She represents energy companies in a variety of matters in both Oklahoma and Texas.
Melissa has prepared a large number of drilling and division order title opinions; worked on acquisition due diligence projects; and drafted multiple instruments for her clients. As her practice continues to develop, Melissa continues to meet the changing needs of her clients in the ever-changing energy industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa served as an in-house attorney at Chesapeake Energy for over six years.
Melissa is an active member of Henderson Hills Baptist Church; she serves on the board of Oklahoma City Real Property Lawyers Association; and she serves on the board of International Teams, an international relief ministry based in Illinois.
Melissa is from Empire, Oklahoma. She’s a huge sports fan and has helped start a Phillips Murrah corporate rowing team (Law and Oarder).
- Oklahoma State University (B.S., 2003, magna cum laude)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2007)
- 2007, Oklahoma
- 2014, Texas
- Oklahoma City Real Property Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Energy and Natural Resources Law Section)
- Mineral Lawyers Society
- Drilling title opinions
- Division order title opinions
- Land document reviews for mergers and acquisitions
- Drafting various oil and gas instruments including deeds and assignments
- Aiding in probate procedures
- Law & Oarder Rowing Team win at Regatta Festival
- Phillips Murrah rowing team competes in Summer 2016 season
- What effect does bankruptcy have on oil and gas leases?
- Phillips Murrah names four new Directors and Shareholders
- Phillips Murrah attorney presents at Oklahoma City Association of Professional Landmen meeting
- Phillips Murrah rowing team, Law & Oarder, completes 2015 season
- Phillips Murrah “Law & Oarder” rowing teams gear up for race day
- Firm adopts family for Oklahoma Family Network
- Journal Record: Phillips Murrah adds oil, gas attorney