Lauren Symcox Voth
Lauren Symcox Voth is a member of the Firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group. She represents individuals and both privately-held and public companies in litigation, administrative matters, mediations and negotiations. Specifically, Lauren has experience representing large and small corporations in employment-related matters.
Lauren has successfully represented clients in proceedings before state and federal courts and regulatory agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission, the Oklahoma Office of Civil Rights Enforcement, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, the Oklahoma Tax Commission and the Internal Revenue Service. Lauren regularly represents clients in employment related litigation, administrative matters, negotiations and mediation such as wrongful termination, discrimination claims, employment contracts and wage and hour claims. Lauren also partners with human resources professionals and employers when navigating issues that employers face daily including but not limited to preparing and managing employee handbooks and policies, preparing and managing employment contracts, hiring and terminating employees, and advising clients on and preparing non-solicitation contracts.
Prior to law school, Lauren gained experience in the banking industry by assisting a local bank in its research and development for expansion outside the State of Oklahoma. Lauren also served as an office manager prior to beginning law school.
While in law school, Lauren was Articles Editor for the American Indian Law Review and received the American Jurisprudence Award in Employment Law. Lauren earned her Bachelor’s degree in history at Southern Methodist University.
Born and raised in Norman, Oklahoma, Lauren lives in Edmond. In her free time, she serves as a volunteer for the United Way of Central Oklahoma, Harvest Foster Kids Camp and her church. Lauren is part of Leadership Oklahoma City. She also enjoys outdoor sports, traveling, and spending time with her husband, Trent, her daughters, Eliana and McKinnley, her dog, Abby, and gigantic cat, Isabella.
- Southern Methodist University (B.A., 2004)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D., 2007)
- 2007, Oklahoma
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Member, Section of Litigation’s Employment and Labor Relations Law Committees)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Represented small, medium and large businesses based in Oklahoma, but with a multi-state presence
- Successfully dismissed discrimination claims against clients before the Equal employment Opportunity Commission
- Successfully dismissed claims against clients before the Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Represented client resulting in client-desired outcomes before the Oklahoma Tax Commission and the Internal Revenue Service
- Successfully represented client in litigation before Oklahoma and Federal Courts regarding claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, wage and hour claims and breach of contract
- Successfully negotiated contracts for employment, settlement, or severance
- Presents advice for clients on day-to-day issues that arise in the context of employment to ensure compliance with current state and federal employment laws
- Representation of clients in litigation including businesses and employers in wrongful termination cases, discrimination claims, breach of contract claims, non-solicitation claims, non-compete claims, wage and hour claims and other general litigation matters
- Representation of clients before government agencies and in the administrative process (the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission, the Oklahoma Office of Civil Rights Enforcement, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, the Oklahoma Tax Commission and the Internal Revenue Service)
- Representation of clients in negotiations for contracts, settlement agreements, separation agreements or severance
- Representation in daily labor and employment related issues and questions from employers
- Representation in mediation and alternative dispute resolution matters
- Representation in business transactions such as contract negotiations, employee handbooks, policies and procedures
- Representation in government regulation matters such as state and federal employment laws, banking laws and related regulations
- American Jurisprudence in Employment Law at the University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Articles Editor for the American Indian Law
- Attorney Lauren Voth supports Metropolitan Library System through Literary Voices
- Firm supports Big Brothers Big Sisters 2017 Bowl for Kids’ Sake campaign
- Legal Alert: New EEOC and OCRE Rules for Oklahoma
- Five attorneys join Phillips McFall
- Phillips McFall Welcomes Five New Attorneys to Downtown Office