John D. Hastie represents individuals and both privately-held and public companies in a wide range of commercial matters, with a heavy concentration in large real estate project development, financing, acquisition, disposition and default resolution.
John has lectured extensively for ALI-ABA, chairing real estate programs for more than 30 years, and has joined the faculty in more than 130 continuing education seminars sponsored by the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, American College of Mortgage Attorneys and many other organizations throughout the United States, Canada and Great Britain. He has written on matters of interest to real estate lawyers and has been published by ALI-ABA, Practicing Law Institute, the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, the Anglo American Real Property Institute and others. He served on the Board of Editors of the Restatement of Mortgages, the Restatement of Real Property Servitudes and as an editor of The Practical Real Estate Lawyer.
In law school, John served on the Oklahoma Law Review and received the Hawes Award as Outstanding Law Graduate. He also served as an adjunct professor for the University of Oklahoma College of Law from 1982 – 1990 and again from 2000 – 2004.
A native Oklahoman, John was born in Guthrie, grew up in Sand Springs and now resides in Goldsby with his wife, Nita. Prior to entering the practice, he served as a Captain in the United States Army.
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., Phi Delta Phi, 1961; LL.B., Phi Delta Phi, 1964)
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Cleveland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (Governor, 1990-2000; Executive Committee, 1992-2000; President, 1999; and Frederick S. Lane Award, 2002)
- Anglo-American Real Property Institute
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys