Catherine L. Campbell
Catherine Campbell’s practice involves litigation in both state and federal district and appellate courts representing clients in a wide range of matters including complex commercial litigation and labor and employment. She has also represented law enforcement agencies before state courts of appeals in civil rights actions.
Cathy served as law clerk to the Honorable Jerome A. Holmes, Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit from 2006 to 2008.
She served as the co-chair of the Oklahoma Bar Association Appellate Practice Section in 2002. She has authored several articles for the Oklahoma Bar Association and led continuing legal education seminars on appellate practice.
Born in Boulder, Colorado, and raised in small-town Colorado, Cathy lives in Oklahoma City with her husband, Steve.
- University of Colorado (B.A., 1987)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D., with Distinction, 1991)
- 1991, Oklahoma
- 1992, U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- 1993, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- 1993, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- 2004, U.S. Supreme Court
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Represented clients in more than 100 cases in state and federal courts of appeal
- Arnold Oil Props., LLC v. Schlumberger Tech. Corp., 672 F. 3d 1202 (10th Cir. 2012)
- Trainor v. Apollo Metal Specialties, Inc., 318 F. 3d 976 (10th Cir. 2002)
- Miami Bus. Servs., LLC v. Davis, 2013 OK 20
- Thompson v. State ex rel Bd. of Trustees of Okla. Pub. Employees Retirement Sys., 2011 OK 89
- Erbar v. Rare Hospitality Int’l, Inc., 2013 OK CIV APP 109
- Skilled in writing appellate briefs and delivering oral arguments in federal circuit courts of appe
- Responsible for all facets of trial preparation in state and federal courts, including substantive brief writing
- Extensive experience includes the knowledge of labor and employment, banking, medical malpractice, insurance, commercial transactions and taxation matters